➠ Responsible Gambling
What is responsible gambling?
Responsible gambling is a set of rules and best practices, defined, regulated and supported by national gaming authorities and gaming organizations, with the aim to protect the players and establish optimal conditions for gambling activities.
looking for ways to keep gambling fun,
a regulator who is committed to establishing responsible gambling standards,
a gambling operator or equipment manufacturer who wants industry guidance on your organization’s responsible gambling program and tools or are interested in exploring the latest in gambling research
Responsible gambling refers both to players and gambling organizations (Lottery, online casinos, etc.). On one hand, players should be aware of the dangers of gambling addiction and “play responsibly”. On the other hand, gaming organizations should offer fair games in a safe gaming environment, taking special care of issues like:
As online casinos are constantly bringing more gambling options at our fingertips, than we ever knew existed, responsible gambling practices gain more importance. They are no longer recommendations, they are requirements.
- Vulnerable players
- Underage gambling
- Money laundering
- Information privacy
- Prompt and accurate customer payments
- Fair gaming
- Ethical and responsible marketing
How do I gamble responsibly?
- View gambling as a form of entertainment and not a source of income.
- Only gamble what you can afford to lose. You can use Deposit Limits to help manage the amount of money you spend.
- Never chase your losses, as this can lead to problems.
- Monitor the amount of time you spend playing. You can use Reality Checks to remind yourself how long you have been logged into your account.
- Balance gambling with other activities. When gambling becomes your only form of entertainment you should stop and consider whether you are still having fun.
- Take regular breaks from gambling. Gambling continuously can cause you to lose track of time and perspective.
- Do not gamble when under the influence of alcohol or when you are upset or depressed, as it can impair decision- making.
- Think about how much time and money you spend gambling. You can track your activity using your Online Account History.
- Understand your chance of winning and how the product works.
- Know that if you ever need to talk to someone about problem gambling you can contact a problem gambling support organisation.
Are you responsible?
We strongly believe that the only way to Lottery at Victoriapoolstoday is responsibly. For a small number of people gambling can have a harmful impact. If you have concerns about the way you gamble, answer our short Self-Assessment to help recognise if you have a gambling problem.